Thursday, March 14, 2013

Stamp it out!

I recently rediscovered my old tins of carved rubber stamps that I made over 10 years ago ( yikes that long!) It was nice to find them again and I had forgotten just how many I had made! They were great fun to do and it was always quite a challenge to come up with a design that would work in such a small space: 3cm x 4.5cm. I even made myself a special tool for the job, basically a needle in a wooden handle so I could get all the fine details in. 
Here's a selection of some of my favourites all with a slightly surreal feel.
I spent ages searching for the perfect rubber to carve and I've still got a little stash of them waiting to be cut. I used to sell little groups of framed prints at my exhibitions and the prints do make nice cards too, perhaps I should find the time to make some new ones for my shop...

6 comments:

  1. These are great, really quirky. I think the "hello" one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! I have a weakness for black and white artworks. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them a lot. Classic. Have not dated at all.

    ReplyDelete